GiftedMom is a social entreprise that uses digital technologies to improve maternal and infant health care access. We have developed an automated SMS and voice messaging platform which: sends notifications to pregnant women reminding them of the date of their next antenatal care session or baby vaccination; sends life-saving educative messages and provides a two-way communication between the woman and health professionals whereby these women can pose their health concerns and receive advice.
We are currently working in over 28 health facilities in 6 regions in Cameroon and impacting over 50,000 pregnant women and nursing mothers. The impact is in the area of: - improved antenatal care turnout in health facilities by up to 80% in urban areas and 64% in rural areas. - improved vaccination turnout by 90% in health facilities thereby preventing loss to follow-up - improved assisted delivery With this impact, we believe our solution is ready for scale nationally and internationally.
How does your innovation work?
GiftedMom bridges the information gap and has developed a modern digital infrastructure for distributing health services. It's innovative automated SMS and voice messaging platform carries out the following: - sends notification reminders to pregnant women and nursing mothers in their next antenatal care and vaccination appointment respectively. - sends stage-based health information regarding pregnancy, labour, delivery, post natal care, vaccination, family planning, STIs, etc. - a two-way communication channel where women can pose their health concerns and receive advise in real time from health professionals. Our platform is integrated into Doctor Bots and AI powered assistants which are already existing messenger tools giving access to a 2 billion population market. Also, our platform is connected to the complex infrastructural network of mobile operators, fast-tracking access to 2.3 billion consumers. Our vision is to reach the over 400 million persons who do not have access to basic health care. We have began in the area of maternal and child health care and expanding to touch other areas of public health interest.
What Evidence do you have that your Innovation works?
What is your strategy for expanding use of your innovation?
Our current clients are:
- international health NGOs such as UNFPA,to whom we sell our white-label mhealth platform to impact women in the Far North region of Cameroon. They have leads in over 18 countries in the world
- Mobile network operators: we sell health content to these clients. Currently in partner with ORANGE which has leads in over 25 African countries
- FMCGs and Pharmas such as Danone: we sell user data and in-message ads.
1. Team: 2018 we intend to grow the team to 25 full-time paid employees.
2. New markets: - National expansion: December 2018, our solution should be present in the over 108 health facilities in Cameroon. - African expansion: in partnership with mobile network operators (Orange, MTN, and Airtel), we intend to expand to Ivory Coast, Gabon, Kenya, Nigeria. Egypt and Rwanda by December 2019. - International expansion: integrating our solution to that of web billing aggregators, we will be reaching the South American and Asian markets by December 2018 particularly in Brazil, Haiti and 2019 in India.
3. Users in the area of reproductive health care, communicable and non-communicable diseases: - December 2017: 100,000 users in Cameroon - December 2019: 2 million users National and international Intended growth of 600,000 users per year