Stage 5: Scaling
Currently in 42 hospitals with 14 active in Cameroon and in Nigeria. Over 170,000 women are registered in our platform. By improving vaccination and antenatal outcomes in some hospitals from 70% to 92% within a 1-year period put it beyond pilot phase
Maternal Newborn and Child Health, Prevention & Vaccination, Digital Developmentand 1 MoreSEE ALL
Maternal Newborn and Child Health, Prevention & Vaccination, Digital Development and Public-Private PartnershipsSEE LESS
Cameroon and Nigeria
Cameroon and NigeriaSEE LESS
Lives Impacted to Date
Countries Implemented In
Funds Raised to Date
Our innovation addresses the problem of maternal and infant deaths which is alarming not only in Cameroon and Nigeria, but Africa as a whole. This results from delays in taking decision to seek care due to lack of proper information to make informed decisions. poor understanding of complications and negligence; delays in reaching care due to geographical location and delays in receiving care due to inadequate medical team.
We address this problem by providing a platform where women can obtain all the information they need to be able to make informed decisions. We provide health information that is trusted and practical from health professionals and other moms, we provide reminders for women to go to hospital for their appointments in order to receive adequate care, we provide a two-way communication between women and health professionals.
We aim to serve pregnant women and nursing mothers.
Mission and Vision
Our vision is to see African moms using GiftedMom digital solution to access all the information needed to prevent complications and improve quality of life. Our mission is to offer digital solutions to ensure that African moms are empowered with information for a safe pregnancy and healthy baby. No woman should die while giving birth and every child is expected to live healthy.
We have developed an automated SMS and voice messaging platform and a smartphone application which:
1. sends notifications to pregnant women reminding them of the date of their next antenatal care session or baby vaccination. This is done 2 days before and on the day of appointment.
2. provides life-saving educative messages. This information is gathered from health professionals as well as practical information from moms. We also give them information about where to find nannies, hospitals, laboratories and also recommend best lifestyle practices in terms of nutrition; and
3. provides a two-way communication channel between the woman and health professionals whereby these women can pose their health concerns and receive advice. This can be done via SMS or directly or through chats directly integrated into our smartphone.
We work in partnership with hospitals where the nurses are responsible for data collection. The data is then uploaded into our platform which automatically stages the women based on age of pregnancy or age of baby. The rest of the work is done on an automated basis. Our mobile app can be downloaded both on Playstore and Appstore and the woman customizes based on her current needs.
1. Information: we offer trusted, credible and practical information relevant for African Moms.
2. Accessibility: We use both SMS, voice messaging and apps to reach out to women. This makes it accessible to both urban and rural women taking into account phone type and language.
3. Community: we have a community of doctors and African moms providing trusted content on a daily basis making it one of the most engaged app platform.
4. Partnership: we have partnership with Fortune 500 companies like Danone present in over 15 countries, GAVI - the Vaccine Alliance, making it possible to access the countries where they are operating in.
Planned Goals and Milestones
1. Scale: nationwide in Cameroon and to 3 other countries reaching 1 million women by end of 2019
2. Fundraising: equity round of 1.5 million dollars
3. Employment: Create 25 more jobs in the next 12 months and recruit 100 volunteer nurses in to our affiliation program
4. Partnership: sign 5 new clients to advertise on our platform
|Projected Cumulative Lives Impacted||350|
|New Implemented Countries||Cote d'Ivoire, Zambia|
|Recruit||100 volunteer nurses, 1 Sales lead, 1 Cote d'Ivoire lead, 1 Nigerian lead|
|New Feature||Create the largest community of African moms on the mobile app|